Eastern Road tour, Check
So we arrived home yesterday from our petit vacances in Eastern Europe. Pretty awesome tour. I’ll probably do city by city posts later on (when I have my photos in some semblance of organization), but for now, a few random impressions:
- Loved Berlin, it was beautiful and full of (recent) history.
- World War II, followed by 40 years Communism for Poland, Hungary, and the areas now the countries of Czech Republic and Slovakia was a pretty raw deal.
- Auschwitz was more terrible to visit than I had imagined, but at the same time one of the best stops on the trip. Everyone should go there at least once.
- Poland has beautiful countryside and beautiful cities also (pictures will be coming soon).
- Vienna was really gorgeous but the people looked normal to me. (I had read that Vienna was full of well-dressed snobs). Maybe I didn’t find the affluent area of the city when we visited. 😉