I’ve been trying different recipes for a while now, the internet is a lovely place to go recipe ahunting isn’t it?
Lots have been good, but we reached new highs in pancake-y goodness on Sunday.
Here is the recipe, called Old Fashioned Pancakes, with with minor alterations:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Pour or scoop the batter in pan or griddle. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
One thing I read somewhere, and that I’ve started doing, is to put the pancakes into a warm (not hot) oven. This is especially good if you want to eat together, as opposed to eating each pancake as it comes off the griddle.