Archive for May 2010
I could easily launch into a “where has the time gone” speech but I’ll spare you. The first year is going by terribly fast, just like everyone says.
New things for 8 month-old Baby A:
- Clapping. First time on her 8-month birthday.
- Five teeth. Fifth came in over the weekend (May 15, 2010).
- Crawling over or under almost anything. Like under the wall in a changing room (shopping alone just got harder).
- Eating a decent amount of baby food. Instead of 3 or 4 bites.
- Crying when D or I leave the room, i.e. separation anxiety. Fun!
- Standing in her crib and see over the top rail. So she can pull on her mobile now.
- Eating some real food, and actually doing it quite well. Teeth are a big help.
I’m sure I’m forgetting at least a few things. One of her new fun activities is pulling the dish towels off their rack. And balancing herself precariously on furniture, sometimes one-handed.
This week we’ve stayed at home more since we all are sick and baby A has a runny nose. We take walks when the apartment gets boring.
It’s been a cool year for Europe so far, so even though it’s May, we are still dressing like this:
Every day she understands more. It’s amazing to see her figure things out, and to find new things to laugh at. She is still a happy baby, or good humored, as D’s mother always says. Today, balancing a soft toy on her head makes her crack up.
We love you baby A!